terms & conditions
All rights, obligations, specials, orders and agreements that fall under these general terms and conditions, and under this condition, are applicable under Dutch Law and Jurisdiction. In the case of translation or explanation of the contents of The Fine Store’s website, the Dutch version of the text in this website and these terms and conditions will remain determinate.
– The offer
– The contract
– Right of withdrawal
– Costs in case of withdrawal
– Preclusion of right of withdrawal
– The price
– Conformity and guarantee
– Supply and implementation
– Duration, prolongation and termination
– Complaints procedure
– Acceptance of terms and conditions
The following definitions apply in these terms and conditions:
1. Withdrawal period: the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
2. Consumer: the natural person whose action is not within the course of a profession or business and who enters into an distance contract with the trader;
3. Day: calendar day;
4. Extended duration transaction: a distance contract that relates to a series of products and/or services, whereby the obligation to supply and/or purchase is spread over a period of time;
5. Durable medium: every means that enables the consumer or trader to store information that is addressed to him in person in a way that facilitates future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information;
6. Right of withdrawal: the possibility for the consumer to waive the distance contract within the withdrawal period;
7. Trader: the natural or legal person who is a member of the Dutch Thuiswinkel Organization and who offers products and/or services to consumers from a distance;
8. Distance contract: a contract whereby sole use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication within the framework of a system organized by the trader for the distance sale of products and/or services, up to and including the moment that the contract is concluded;
9. Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an contract, without the consumer and trader being in the same place at the same time.
- Company name: The Fine Store
- Location and visiting address: Piet Heinstraat 64, 2518 CJ, The Netherlands
- Phone number: +31 (0)703656400
- Email address: email@example.com
- Chamber of Commerce number: 27379459
- VAT identification number: 139267463 B01
1. These general terms and conditions apply to every offer made by The Fine Store and to every distance contract that is realized between The Fine Store and the consumer.
2. Prior to the conclusion of a distance contract, the text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, the trader will indicate, before the distance contract is concluded, that the general terms and conditions are available for inspection at the trader’s premises and that they will be sent free of charge to the consumer, as quickly as possible, at the consumer’s request.
3. If the distance contract is concluded electronically, then, contrary to the previous paragraph, and before the distance contract is concluded, the consumer will be provided with the text of these general terms and conditions electronically, in such a way that the consumer can easily store them on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, then before concluding the distance contract, the trader will indicate where the general terms and conditions can be inspected electronically and that at his request they will be sent to the consumer free of charge, either electronically or in some other way.
4. In cases where specific product or service-related terms and conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply by analogy and the consumer can always invoke the applicable condition that is most favorable to him in the event of incompatible general terms and conditions.
1. If an offer is subject to a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be explicitly mentioned in the offer.
2. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services being offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to enable the consumer to make a proper assessment of the offer. If the trader makes use of illustrations, these will be a true representation of the products and/or services being offered. The trader is not bound by obvious errors or mistakes in the offer.
3. Every offer will contain such information that makes it clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are involved in accepting the offer. This includes, in particular:
– the price, including taxes;
– any costs of delivery;
– the way in which the contract shall be concluded and which actions this will require;
– whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
– the method of payment, delivery and implementation of the contract;
– the period for accepting the offer or the period for which the trader guarantees the price;
– the size of the tariff for distance communication, if the costs of using the technique for distance communication are calculated on some other basis than the regular basic tariff for the chosen communication technique;
– if a contract is filed subsequent to its conclusion, and if so, the way in which this can be accessed by the consumer;
– the way in which the consumer can obtain information about the data he has provided for in the course of the contract, as well as the way he can rectify these before the contract is concluded;
– the languages in which, in addition to Dutch, the contract can be concluded;
– the behavioral codes to which the trader is subject and the way in which the consumer can consult these behavioral codes electronically;
– the minimum duration of the distance contract, in the event of a contract that involves the continual or periodical supply of products or services.
1. The contract will be concluded, subject to that which is stipulated in paragraph 4, at the moment at which the consumer accepts the offer and the conditions thereby stipulated have been fulfilled.
2. If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the trader will immediately confirm receipt of acceptance of the offer electronically. The consumer can dissolve the contract as long as this acceptance has not been confirmed by the trader.
3. If the contract is concluded electronically, the trader will take suitable technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and he will ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer is able to pay electronically, the trader will take suitable security measures.
4. The trader may obtain information – within statutory frameworks – about the consumer’s ability to fulfill his payment obligations, as well as about facts and factors that are important for the responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If that research gives the trader proper grounds for declining to conclude the contract, then he has a right, supported by reasons, to reject an order or application or to bind its implementation to special conditions.
5. Together with the product or service, the trader will send to the consumer the following information, in writing, or in such a way that the consumer can store it on an accessible durable medium:
a. the office address of the trader’s business location where the consumer can lodge complaints;
b. the conditions under which the consumer can make use of the right of withdrawal and the method for so doing, or a clear statement relating to the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
c. information on guarantees and existing after-sales service;
d. the data included in article 4, paragraph 3 of these conditions, unless the trader has already provided the consumer with these prior to concluding the contract;
e. the requirements for terminating the contract, if the duration of the contract exceeds one year or is indefinite.
6. In case of a extended duration contract, the stipulation in the previous paragraph applies only to the first delivery.
Right of withdrawal
1. When purchasing products, a consumer has the possibility of dissolving the contract, without giving reasons, during fourteen days. This period commences on the day after the product was received by the consumer or a representative previous designated by the consumer and announced to the trader.
2. During this period the consumer will treat the product and its packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product as far as necessary in order to be able to assess whether he wishes to retain the product. If he wishes to exercise his right of withdrawal, then he will return the product to the trader, with all associated components, and – in as far as this is reasonably possible – in the original state and packaging, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions that were provided by the trader.
Costs in case of withdrawal
1. If a consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, he shall be responsible for, at most, the costs of returning the goods.
2. If the consumer has paid a sum, the trader will refund this sum as quickly as possible, though at the latest within 30 days after the goods were returned or after the withdrawal.
Preclusion of right of withdrawal
1. The trader can preclude the consumer from having a right of withdrawal as far is provided for in paragraph 2 and 3 of this article. The preclusion of the right of withdrawal is only valid if the trader clearly stated this fact when making the offer, or at least in good time prior to conclusion of the contract.
2. Preclusion from the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
a. that have been created by the trader in accordance with the consumer’s specifications;
b. that are clearly of a personal nature;
c. that cannot be returned due to their nature;
d. that rapidly decay or become obsolete;
e. the price of which is subject to fluctuations on the financial market over which the trader has no influence;
f. for individual newspapers and magazines;
g. for audio- and video-recordings and computer software, whereby the consumer has broken the seal.
1. During the period of validity indicated in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services being offered will not be increased, except for price changes in VAT-tariffs.
2. Contrary to the previous paragraph, the trader may offer products or services at variable prices, in cases where these prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which the trader has no influence. The offer must refer to this link with fluctuations and the fact that any prices mentioned are recommended prices.
3. Price increases within 3 months after the contract was concluded are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or stipulations.
4. Price increases more than 3 months after the contract was concluded are only permitted if the trader stipulated as much and:
a. they are the result of statutory regulations or stipulations; or
b. the consumer is authorized to terminate the contract on the day on which the price increase takes effect.
5. Prices stated in offers of products or services include VAT.
Conformity and guarantee
1. The trader guarantees that the products and/or services fulfill the contract, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or serviceability and the statutory stipulations and/or government regulations that existed on the date that the contract was concluded. If agreed the trader also guarantees that the product is suited for other than normal designation.
2. A guarantee arrangement offered by the trader, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that a consumer, as a result of the contract, can enforce against the trader.
Supply and implementation
1. The trader will take the greatest possible care when receiving and implementing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
2. The place of delivery is deemed to be the address that the consumer makes known to the company.
3. Taking into consideration that which is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the company will implement accepted orders with efficient expedition, though at the latest within 30 days, unless a longer period of delivery has been agreed. If delivery suffers a delay, or if the delivery cannot be implemented, or only partially, the consumer will be informed about this at the latest 30 days after the order was placed. In this case, the consumer has a right to dissolve the contract free of charge and a right to possible damages.
4. In the case of dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the trader will refund the consumer the sum paid as quickly as possible, though at the latest within 30 days after that dissolution.
5. Should delivery of a product that has been ordered prove impossible, the trader will attempt to provide a replacement article. The fact that a replacement article is being supplied will be stated clearly and intelligibly, at the latest upon delivery. The right of withdrawal cannot be precluded in the case of replacement articles. The costs of return shipments will be charged to the trader.
6. The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests upon the trader up to the moment of delivery to the consumer or a representative previous designated by the consumer and announced to the trader, unless this has explicitly been agreed otherwise.
Duration, prolongation and termination
1. The consumer has a right at all times to terminate an open-ended contract that was concluded for the regular supply of products (including electricity) or services, subject to the agreed termination rules and a period of notice that does not exceed one month.
2. The consumer has a right at all times to terminate a fixed-term contract that was concluded for the regular supply of products (including electricity) or services at the end of the fixed-term, subject to the agreed termination rules and a period of notice that does not exceed one month.
1. As far as no other date has been agreed, sums payable by the consumer should be paid within 14 days after the start of the withdrawal period as stipulated in article 6 paragraph 1. In the case of a contract to provide a service this 14 days start on the moment the consumer receives the traders confirmation of the contract.
2. When selling products to consumers, the general terms and conditions may never stipulate an advance payment in excess of 50%. Where advance payment is stipulated, the consumer cannot invoke any rights whatsoever in relation to the implementation of the order or service(s) in question before the stipulated advance payment has been made.
3. The consumer is obliged to report immediately to the trader any inaccuracies in payment data provided or stated.
4. In the event of non-payment on the part of the consumer, the trader has the right, subject to statutory limitations, to charge the consumer reasonable costs about which the consumer was informed in advance.
1. The trader provides for a complaints procedure that has been given sufficient publicity, and will deal with a complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
2. Complaints about exercising the contract must be submitted to the trader without delay, in their entirety and clearly defined, after the consumer has discovered the defects.
3. A reply to complaints submitted to the trader will be provided within a period of 14 days, calculated from the date of receipt. If it is anticipated that a complaint will require a longer processing time, then the trader will reply within 14 days, confirming receipt and indicating when the consumer can expect a more elaborate reply.
4. If the complaint cannot be resolved by mutual agreement not a dispute arises that is susceptible to the settlement of disputes.
On agreements between the entrepreneur and the consumer to which these terms and conditions relate exclusively Dutch law applies.
Acceptance of terms and conditions
All website users are required to be aware of, and to agree with, all of the above terms and conditions. By placing an order with The Fine Store, the consumer automatically agrees to all of our terms and conditions. Client’s details are automatically stored in our client list and will receive our newsletter.